Saturday, April 3, 2010

Spring Break

On Tuesday afternoon, Anna and I went to New Orleans to visit. Shaun had to stay home because he had golf with his team. We stayed at Robert and Joelle's house overnight. They made a big lasagna dinner and Uncle Stephen came after work. We enjoyed seeing Ross, Rachel, and Brad too! After dinner, Anna found my makeup bag and showed us how to put it on:



On Wednesday morning, we were supposed to see Dr. Pooja, but she was on call and had to go to Baton Rouge for a transport. What luck :-( Hopefully we will see her before her wedding on May 8. Instead, Joelle came to City Park with us. Anna played "Ice Cream Stand" and gave Joelle all of the ice cream she wanted. She didn't give me any.



Here is Anna wearing her "sunglasses". She insists on them.



We went on some big swings.



And I got this super cute pic of Anna on the lions.




When we got back to Baton Rouge, we painted our toenails. That was the last time I will do that until Donkey is born. It was hard work getting around my belly!



On Thursday we went to the Pasquier's to play. Anna played PowerWheelsCommando. Poor Mick just wanted to ride.



So what they would do is: get in, drive about 2 feet, stop, get out, eat pretzels, then run back and start over. For about 3 hours.



On Friday, Anna and I went to the park. Well, we go just about every day, but it was especially nice on Friday and Anna looked so cute!


I'm officially on blood pressure watch. For those of you who don't know about Anna's birth:
Despite all of my efforts to do everything right during my pregnancy with Anna, I had to be induced at 38 weeks as a result of my blood pressure skyrocketing. I had about a week of "bp watch" and woke up with incredible swelling on April 23. By the time I got to the doctor's office (foolishly I went to work), it was 180/110. I was wheeled straight from the doctor's office to the LDR at the hospital and hooked up to pitocin. Anna was born the next morning.

This time around, I've gained even LESS weight than I did (only 10 pounds so far), but I'm already starting to have trouble. So, I'm taking it easy, decreasing my sodium intake, and monitoring my blood pressure at home. Hopefully Donkey can hang in until Pooja's wedding!

No comments: