Last Sunday, Kristen and I went to the zoo to return some wild animals.

But the zookeepers refused to keep Anna, Sara, Mick, Andrew and Peter.

Andrew had a pretty good time watching the Anna and Sara show.

Here he is with his namesake, a donkey. As soon as the donkey moved, Drew started screaming.

In an attempt to burn off the endless supply of energy that Anna seems to have, we signed her up for soccer with Sara, whose dad is the coach. The first practice was on Wednesday afternoon.

Drew and Peter played while we watched and tried not to laugh.

A bunch of 3 and 4 year olds running amok with balls? CUTE and HILARIOUS!!


I truly think Mike missed his calling in life. He should have been a preschool entertainer.
Saturday morning was the first game. Anna's team wore their red jerseys. She was SO excited.

Until it was time to ACTUALLY play!


So she hung out on the sidelines for a while until Sara said, "Anna, want to play soccer with me?"

Anna decided to play, but only if Mike held her hand as she walked out onto the field.

Once she got going, I think she had a great time!

Peewee soccer is great. No times, no penalties, no goalies, no score keeping. Just fun!

Here is a video of Anna. I think she mainly had fun running around with the kids. Dunno if she understood that she was supposed to KICK the ball. The goal's presence never even phased her.
THANKS COACH MIKE!!


No comments:
Post a Comment