We celebrated Andrew's first birthday with a low-key, semi-last minute get together. Such is the luck of a second child :-(
We had a nice time anyway!



Drew is not a huge fan of cake, but I made cupcakes by request. I held the cupcake OUT of his reach until we had finished singing Happy Birthday.



Drew with his "lil mommas", Amelia and Lilly.

Drew is really a connoisseur of ice cream sundaes (homemade, sonic blasts, mcflurrys, etc.). After he finished his own sundae in his highchair, he started cruising around the kitchen to take care of everyone else's leftovers.

YEAH!!!

Anna is high energy and sometimes a real handful. My cousin, Stephanie, passed on some great advice as to how to approach this "dilemma". Every morning, we ask ourselves, "How are we gonna wear her out today?" and try to plan activities that involve incredible energy expenditure. On Wednesday, we met Kristen and the kids at an indoor bounce place full of different kinds of spacewalks.
Drew's favorite thing to do is "jump jump jump". So what if Anna's nose gets in the way?

Peter and Drew had a lot of fun in the blow up ball pit. I didn't know these still existed!

Peter is high-energy too!

Drew LOVES to make sure his immune system is still working!

Both kids conked out on the way home and slept all the way until the next morning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

On Sunday, we drove down to NO for Father's day dinner with my parents and Stephen. First, we went by the house to see the progress. Uncle Stephen was VERY entertaining. He and Anna jumped on the beds, threw grapes, and danced.

Grandma gave Drew a taste of the Hughes Family drink of choice.
He fits right in.
I am still the only Black Sheep.

Grandma giving me a stern talking to on the merits of posting photos of her previous action. She seemed convinced that I would misconstrue the events and show her in a bad light.
Cause I've never done that before.

While Stephen picked some stuff out of Drew's hair, I maintained my innocence. She was not convinced.

Right, Drew?

So then we had a small dance party, in hopes of wearing out these two turkeys before dinner.

No such luck.
I have a video, but blogger won't let me upload it. I will look into other options.
We had a nice time anyway!



Drew is not a huge fan of cake, but I made cupcakes by request. I held the cupcake OUT of his reach until we had finished singing Happy Birthday.



Drew with his "lil mommas", Amelia and Lilly.

Drew is really a connoisseur of ice cream sundaes (homemade, sonic blasts, mcflurrys, etc.). After he finished his own sundae in his highchair, he started cruising around the kitchen to take care of everyone else's leftovers.

YEAH!!!

Anna is high energy and sometimes a real handful. My cousin, Stephanie, passed on some great advice as to how to approach this "dilemma". Every morning, we ask ourselves, "How are we gonna wear her out today?" and try to plan activities that involve incredible energy expenditure. On Wednesday, we met Kristen and the kids at an indoor bounce place full of different kinds of spacewalks.
Drew's favorite thing to do is "jump jump jump". So what if Anna's nose gets in the way?

Peter and Drew had a lot of fun in the blow up ball pit. I didn't know these still existed!

Peter is high-energy too!

Drew LOVES to make sure his immune system is still working!

Both kids conked out on the way home and slept all the way until the next morning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

On Sunday, we drove down to NO for Father's day dinner with my parents and Stephen. First, we went by the house to see the progress. Uncle Stephen was VERY entertaining. He and Anna jumped on the beds, threw grapes, and danced.

Grandma gave Drew a taste of the Hughes Family drink of choice.
He fits right in.
I am still the only Black Sheep.

Grandma giving me a stern talking to on the merits of posting photos of her previous action. She seemed convinced that I would misconstrue the events and show her in a bad light.
Cause I've never done that before.

While Stephen picked some stuff out of Drew's hair, I maintained my innocence. She was not convinced.

Right, Drew?

So then we had a small dance party, in hopes of wearing out these two turkeys before dinner.

No such luck.
I have a video, but blogger won't let me upload it. I will look into other options.


No comments:
Post a Comment