Saturday, June 5, 2010

Welcome Andrew!

On Friday morning, we arrived at the hospital at 7:15. The doctor came in and broke my water at 8:20 and contractions started within about 10 minutes! Mary Jane arrived at noon so that she could witness the birth. By 1:45, I was 6 cm and ready for the epidural! At 3 pm, things got rolling and Andrew was born at 3:20.
So, here he is! Andrew Shaun Feinberg, born at 3:20 on June 4, 2010. He was 9 lbs, 2 oz and 20.5 inches long! His head was 14.5 inches in circumference (big!) I am glad that I opted for an induction because I wouldn't have wanted him any bigger!

Here is my fantastic doctor, Dr. Dickerson.



I love this picture of Shaun and Andrew!



Here's where they bathed him in the delivery room. He looks like Anna!




Anna and Carl arrived shortly after we got to our room. Anna was so excited to meet "Donkey"!




Because Andrew was so big, he had to have his blood sugar tested repeatedly. The test showed that his numbers were way too low, so we were required to give him a bottle. MJ and Anna did the honors.




Before leaving for the evening, Anna opened the gifts that Andrew brought for her.


On Saturday, Kristen and Sara arrived to visit. Shortly after, Anna, Carl, and Mary Jane came in.


Anna and Sara had lots of fun playing!



Anna and Sara took turns holding Drew. Sara is getting ready to be a big sister again in a few weeks!



Before leaving for the evening.

More pictures and videos to come!


8 comments:

Jill said...

Congratulations! He is perfect! Maybe someday our "Andrew"s can meet!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I will be done with class on July 8th so give me a call after then and we can set up a playdate with the kids.
I LOVE the name, by the way!

Mabel

Kristen said...

Congrats! Sweet baby boy :) We're so happy for you :)

spedel said...

What a perfectly beautiful baby boy. Congrats Carolyn!!! I can't wait to meet him! We will have to get together sometime this summer!

Rochelle said...

Carolyn, Shaun, & Anna,
Congratulations again!!! Andrew Shaun is just beautiful! Anna, you are going to be the best big sister ever! Best Wishes to you all!
Rochelle

Christie said...

Congratulations! So precious! Can't wait to meet him.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Shaun and Carolyn!! He is adorable!! Anna is a proud big sister!! I can't wait for Claire to meet her "Bam-Bam"

Take Care!
Danielle, Brian, Tyler and Claire

jennifer said...

He is so handsome! I am so happy for y'all. Rest and enjoy your summer. See you both in August.