Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Cold(s)

During the first few weeks of January, we endured a cold snap that seemed to last forever! We had an entire week of highs in the 30's! This wouldn't be much of a problem further north of here, but our plants and buildings were not made for such low temperatures!

So why do you see such big smiles? Because school was cancelled!! Yay! The Yankees would laugh if they knew under what conditions we had our "snow day", but we appreciated it nonetheless.




So on our day off, Anna and I went to the Pasquier's house to play!



Here's Anna, pretending to be like Kristen and me (the momparazzi).



She's starting to get the hang of taking pictures...



And, of course, she and Sara have to play "dance party":




More "dance party"!




Once the cold snap had passed, Anna had a little "cold" of her own. It quietly escalated into a nasty respiratory virus. In fact, I think Anna was running fever for about two days before it dawned on us to take her temperature- she felt warm (which we attributed to her inability to stay still for more than 20 seconds), but never acted sick. When I finally took her temperature on Sunday afternoon because she was a little whiny, it was 101! I put her to bed for a nap and hoped it might go down on its own...

Unfortunately, Uncle Stephen was already on his way to visit. Anna awoke and I could tell she felt bad. However, as soon as Stephen walked into the door, she had a miraculous recovery! He made her a CD with some fantastic songs, so here are two videos of their "dance party":








Do I get the award, "worst mom of the year" for letting my child go bananas while she had a high fever? I hope not. Anna's fever was finally gone this morning, but I kept her home to recover. We were both going a bit stir crazy, so we took a little walk down to the park.



Here's where Anna grabbed the camera and started taking pictures. She finally understands about getting the subject into the picture, though I can't say that the "two year old" angle is the most flattering- yow.



This is one of my favorites: Anna's point of view. "These my pink neakers, mommy!"


No comments: