Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Vacation Begins

Friday the 18th was our last day of school, so we started our vacation off right- we went to play at the Pasquier's house on Saturday morning. The girls had fun, as always!




Here is Anna trying to take a picture with Sara's camera. She is still a little young to understand that you have to get the subject in the frame, THEN push the button. She took some super flattering pics of my belly and I'm hoping that Kristen erased them!




Sara taught Anna how to harass your younger brother (though, I think Mick actually liked it- he is such a happy baby!)




At home, we had lots of presents to wrap, so Anna helped me. She wrapped up the remote for Daddy, too.




Then, she demanded that I wrap her up! She WAS the best birthday present I ever got!




"Yook Mommy, I goin' fishin'!" Yes, we're working on the "L" sound.




Then, just to show the degree of disarray of the dining room at the end of our wrapping frenzy (which was not helped by Anna unrolling ALL of my ribbon while I wasn't looking).




Later that evening, Anna showed me the correct way to eat spaghetti. Silly me, I've been doing it wrong for so long...




Here's the 17-week belly shot. I never did this when I was pregnant with Anna, but wish I had. I just moved into the maternity (whale) clothes, which definitely accentuate my fat(ter) belly.

Finally, the big news: we went for an ultrasound today to check on the placenta and it's moved completely out of the way, so I can go back to exercise!

And the even bigger news: IT'S A BOY!! We are so excited!

However, the ultrasound detected a problem with the umbilical cord. There are supposed to be 2 arteries going away from and 1 vein going to the baby. There is only ONE artery. Luckily, the doctor said that usually this does not cause many problems except perhaps some growth restriction later in the pregnancy. I will have to have more frequent ultrasounds to detect any problems that may arise (no complaints here!), but the overall prognosis is good!

No comments: