Here are some new pics of the baby. I wasn't supposed to have any more ultrasounds until about 20 weeks, but this little turkey has been up to no good. In the ultrasound technician's words, "it must be a little boy to be causing you so much trouble". I guess we'll see! It is impossible to determine the sex by looking at the pics, so don't even bother.

In the middle of the night on Thursday, I woke up with some heavy bleeding. Convinced I was having a miscarriage, Shaun and I didn't get much sleep for the rest of the night. A trip to the doctor's office and an ultrasound revealed that the baby is fine, but I have placenta previa. That means that the placenta is growing over my cervix and is easily jostled, causing red, scary, heavy bleeding.
So, I am now on pelvic rest until the placenta moves. That could be in two weeks or not at all. The doctor said that it is pretty common this early in pregnancy and that 95% of the time it will move eventually. Luckily, I am not on complete bed rest. However, I cannot exercise and have to take it easy. Shaun has been VERY helpful and is making sure I follow doctor's orders- because y'all know I'm going to push it.
This is an excerpt from our conversation:
Sometimes, I think I drive him crazy. But he puts up with it because he knows we think he's the best OB/GYN ever.

In the middle of the night on Thursday, I woke up with some heavy bleeding. Convinced I was having a miscarriage, Shaun and I didn't get much sleep for the rest of the night. A trip to the doctor's office and an ultrasound revealed that the baby is fine, but I have placenta previa. That means that the placenta is growing over my cervix and is easily jostled, causing red, scary, heavy bleeding.
So, I am now on pelvic rest until the placenta moves. That could be in two weeks or not at all. The doctor said that it is pretty common this early in pregnancy and that 95% of the time it will move eventually. Luckily, I am not on complete bed rest. However, I cannot exercise and have to take it easy. Shaun has been VERY helpful and is making sure I follow doctor's orders- because y'all know I'm going to push it. This is an excerpt from our conversation:
Dr. D: "Ok, so Carolyn, you HAVE to take it easy. (thinking fast) No jazzercise... (thinking faster because he sees the look on my face) No long walks... (even faster, because he knows I'm looking for the exceptions) No running outside with Anna... (it's Thanksgiving soon) No traveling."
Me, looking for the loophole: "Can I swim?
Dr. D: "Absolutely not. That would jar the pelvis"
Me: "Can I lift weights?"
Dr. D, slightly amused: "NO! You can't exercise or move around much"
Me: "Can I walk up stairs?"
Dr. D, throwing his hands up and laughing: "NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do anything! Get some rest!!"
Me, looking for the loophole: "Can I swim?
Dr. D: "Absolutely not. That would jar the pelvis"
Me: "Can I lift weights?"
Dr. D, slightly amused: "NO! You can't exercise or move around much"
Me: "Can I walk up stairs?"
Dr. D, throwing his hands up and laughing: "NO, NO, NO!!! Don't do anything! Get some rest!!"
Sometimes, I think I drive him crazy. But he puts up with it because he knows we think he's the best OB/GYN ever.


No comments:
Post a Comment